Receiving Your Learning Device
A device is distributed once the student and parent/guardian have reviewed both the WFPS Secondary 1:1 User Agreement and district policy ACDA-AP Use of the West Fargo School District Computer Network through our district's online registration process.
West Fargo Public Schools retains sole right of possession of the digital device and related equipment. The use of this device is a privilege, not a right.
Returning Your Learning Device
Students who graduate early, withdraw, are suspended or expelled, or terminate enrollment within West Fargo Public Schools for any other reason must return on the date of withdrawal their individually issued school device, district provided case, Apple USB to Lightning connector charging cable, and Apple power adapter charging “brick” in damage-free, working condition.
Failure to return the device and accessories (case, cable, power adapter charging brick, etc.) when collected or upon termination of enrollment within West Fargo Public Schools, will result in a theft report being filed with the West Fargo Police Department. You will be subject to criminal prosecution and/or civil liability. You will be financially responsible for the replacement cost of the device and any related accessories.
Family Financial Responsibility
All students will initially receive an iPad device at no cost
- $25 fee for the first incident if accidental damage occurs
- $75 fee for the second incident if accidental damage occurs
Full repair or replacement cost of a device lost, damaged intentionally, or due to negligence:
- Device - $300
- Charging Brick - $20
- Charging Cable - $20
- Logictech Pen - $50
- Case - $40
STUDENT/PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGREEMENT & PLEDGE FOR DEVICE USE
- I agree to monitor my child’s device and internet usage outside of school.
Student & Parent/Guardian
- I will not leave my device unattended.
- I will not loan my device to other individuals.
- I will know where my device is at all times.
- I will bring my device to school each day, adequately charged.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my device, which may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my device or attempt any repairs.
- I will immediately report any damages that may have occurred to my device to designated building location.
- I will protect my device by using it in the case as intended and carrying it while in the provided case.
- I will use my device in ways that are appropriate and meet all West Fargo Public Schools district expectations.
- I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, pencil, paint, nail polish etc.) on the device or accessories.
- I will not deface the serial number or device asset tag barcode sticker on any device.
- I understand that my device is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of the West Fargo Public Schools.
- I will follow the policies and procedures outlined in the WFPS Secondary 1:1 User Agreement.
- I will file a police report in case of theft or vandalism that occurred to my device.
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to return the district device, issued case, Apple USB power cable, Apple USB Power Adapter “brick” in good working condition to the designated location within my building, no later than the date determined by my school.